Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yuvraj Singh hopes to return to Game soon

Cricketer Yuvraj Singh, who underwent treatment for a rare form of cancer in the US, is hoping to return to the game soon. However, he made it clear that the comeback would not be so easy and his fans need to be patient.

Yuvi, who returned to India on Monday, appeared his first press conference in New Delhi on Wednesday with positive energy following treatment in the US. He said that he wants to come back soon to the game, but as of now his focus is entirely on his health.

He hopes to return to the game in a few months in fit mental and physical condition. Through press conference, he said his fans to be patient like they were during the last three months.

He was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, called mediastinal seminoma. He spent a couple of weeks in London after undergoing treatment in the US.

"I am happy to be back. In a couple of months I should be in mental and physical health to be back on the field," Yuvraj told reporters. However, he said it would not be "easy to get back on the field soon".

"It will take time, my body will take time. At the moment, it is very important for me to take care of my health, be on a good diet and focus totally on my health", he said.

"To return to the field with all the pressure of playing for India will be a big achievement. My body has to recuperate. I am going to work hard towards it. I want to wear the Indian cap again. I am convinced I will be back playing for India", he added.

When asked about the treatment he underwent at a Boston hospital, he said, "Chemotherapy leads to hair loss, body ache, and depression. I knew about it and I felt if I had to recover then I would have to go through it".

Just getting up and doing something was a tough job. It was difficult to even get out of the house. After a couple of times, even going to the gym was difficult. I walked a bit, played video games, watched movies, learnt some cooking", he added.

The cricketer is missing playing for his IPL team, Pune Warriors, in the ongoing tournament. "I want to go out, wear a team T-shirt and watch a few IPL games. I don't know when I can go though", he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment